Software Developer Internship
This position is based in San Mateo, CA
This position is a full-time summer internship for college students entering their Junior or Senior year.
Play a pivotal role in designing and implementing the next generation of Uloop.com as it continues to grow and evolve. Be part of an exciting, dynamic environment, engineering software solutions for all aspects of the company.
Because Learning is Fun
We purposely work in small, focused and fast-paced teams in order to foster an environment where our developers can feel free to learn and grow. Come join us and work on projects where you can feel free to explore and take advantage of the latest and greatest technologies.
- Work directly with the Product Managers, Business Developers and Campus Rep Management teams to design and implement new features and functionalities to the existing product
- Be responsible for larger projects, building out new applications and platforms as the company grows and expands
- Perform development work both independently as well as in small development teams
- Execute the technical design, development, testing and deployment of new features and functionality
- At least 2 years of software development experience (within a classroom environment, on shipped products, and/or on launched web applications)
- Prior experience or exposure with Object Oriented design principles and programming methodlogies is a must
- Experience with PHP as well as one of .NET/J2EE/Ruby/Python/C++
- Passion for usability and user-focused design
- Experience with social networks, APIs, mashups, etc. a plus
- Experience with GIT, CVS or Subversion a plus
- Be a local candidate or be willing to spend the summer in the San Francisco Bay Area (monthly living stipends are available to help cover living costs, including rent, food, transportation and entertainment)
Please submit a cover letter and resume, some brief code samples, as well as:
- Your answers to the coding exercises below
- Describe some projects, websites and applications that you have worked on. Please include your specific roles and responsibilities for each one that you list.
Write a function (in any language of your choice) that will reverse a string (obviously not using any built in libraries that would do this for you!). So for example, if you call
This would return "!dlroW ,olleH
Write a function (in any language of your choice) which takes in an integer "N" that will return an array of integers which are the prime numbers between 2 and "N" (inclusive). So for example, if you call
This would return an array with (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13)
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply online today!