This position is based in San Mateo, CA
Play a pivotal role in designing and implementing the next generation of Uloop.com as it continues to grow and evolve. Be part of an exciting, dynamic environment, engineering software solutions for all aspects of the company.
Because Learning is Fun
We purposely work in small, focused and fast-paced teams in order to foster an environment where our developers can feel free to learn and grow. Come join us and work on projects where you can feel free to explore and take advantage of the latest and greatest technologies.
- Work directly with the Product Managers, Business Developers and Campus Rep Management teams to design and implement new features and functionalities to the existing product
- Be responsible for larger projects, building out new applications and platforms as the company grows and expands
- Perform development work both independently as well as in small development teams
- Execute the technical design, development, testing and deployment of new features and functionality
- 2+ years of proven software development, on shipped products and/or launched web applications
- Experience with Object Oriented design principles and programming methodlogies is a must
- 2+ of PHP and at least 1 year of .NET/J2EE/Ruby/Python/C++ experience
- 2+ years of MySQL experience
- Passion for usability and user-focused design
- Experience with social networks, APIs, mashups, etc. a plus
- Experience with LAMP-stack administration a plus
- Experience with CVS or Subversion a plus
- Experience with any Object Oriented framework (Qcodo, Rails, CakePHP, Struts, Hibernate, etc.) a big plus
- Experience with the Qcodo Development Framework an even bigger plus
- Must be a local candidate or must be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area (relocation reimbursements may be considered, but only for exceptionally qualified applicants).
Contract portion of the compensation is based on a competitive hourly market-rate. If the position turns into full-time employment, compensation will be based on a competitive market-rate salary plus stock options and generous performance bonuses.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and your answer to the following question:
- Name some projects, products or applications that you have worked on. Please include your specific roles and responsibilities for each one that you list.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply online today!