Senior Software Developer
This position is based in San Mateo, CA
Do you love to code? Do you love PHP, ASP.NET or J2EE? Do you love to learn new technologies just for the sake of learning new technologies? If so, come join us!
Play a pivotal role in designing and implementing the next generation of Uloop.com as it continues to grow and evolve. Be part of an exciting, dynamic environment, engineering software solutions for all aspects of the company.
Because Learning is Fun
We are constantly playing with and implementing new technologies to add to our applications, products and infrastructure. We purposely work in small, focused and fast-paced teams in order to foster an environment where our developers can feel free to learn and grow.
Come join us and work on projects where you can feel free to explore and take advantage of the latest and greatest technologies, and be part of the core team which will help grow Uloop at college campuses everywhere.
- Work directly with the Product Managers, Business Developers and Campus Rep Management teams to design and implement new features and functionalities to the existing product
- Be responsible for larger projects, building out new applications and platforms as the company grows and expands
- Perform development work both independently as well as in small development teams, overseeing and managing a group of junior developers
- Execute the full software development lifecycle, leading and performing all the processes involved with it
- 6+ years of proven software development, on shipped products and/or launched web applications
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented design principles and programming methodlogies is an absolute must
- 4+ years architecting web-based applications
- 2+ years of leading and managing teams of software developers
- 4+ years of PHP 5 and 2+ years of .NET/J2EE/Ruby/Python experience, or 5+ years .NET/J2EE/Ruby/Python experience with exposure to PHP 5
- 3+ years of MySQL experience
- Passion for usability and user-focused design
- Experience with social networks, APIs, mashups, etc. a plus
- Experience with LAMP-stack administration a plus
- Experience with CVS or Subversion a plus
- Experience with any Object Oriented framework (Qcodo, Rails, CakePHP, Struts, Hibernate, etc.) a big plus
- Experience with the Qcodo Development Framework an even bigger plus
- Must be a local candidate or must be willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area (relocation reimbursements may be considered, but only for exceptionally qualified applicants).
Compensation is based on a competitive market-rate salary with generous bonuses, stock options, and full benefits (PTO, medical, dental, etc.).
Please submit a cover letter, resume and your answers to the following questions:
- Which software tools have you used in the past to design and architect your software applications? What were some of the pros and cons to the software tools you have used? Which ones are your favorites and why?
- Defend or critique this statement: a good developer is constantly looking to write code that runs as efficiently and optimally as possible.
- Name some projects, products or applications that you have worked on. Please include your specific roles and responsibilities for each one that you list.
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply online today!